Monday, June 13, 2011

Doing Dallas

A lot has transpired since my last post!  For starters, we finally went to the zoo our second to last day in Houston. Mom was pumped since this was her favorite offering from the City Pass.  I strongly recommend it as a great experience if you're in the area.  We had a blast, and got up close and personal with the animals.

We flew from Houston to Dallas on June 4th.  Our very first night in town, our friends took us to the Mesquite ProRodeo! We donned our cowgirl boots and had a fantastic evening.  However, I should admit....I was totally rooting for the calves to get away from the ropers. This shouldn't be a surprise to those of you that know my softy sensitive heart ;)

We also did the other mandatory tourist thing to do in Dallas which was go see Dealey Plaza, the site of the JFK assassination. I stood on the "X" and everything. I just love visiting historical scenes like that. The stories mean so much more once you have been to the actual place. It has been really cool to be in Dallas this week for another reason...the Mavericks won the NBA playoffs! Go Mavs! The support this city shows for their team is infectious.

I celebrated my 29th birthday on June 10th and thanks to a surprise visit from my pal it was a great time.  It kicked off with cake and a few gifts at 4:10am (time of my birth) and then a fun night out to dinner and a dueling pianos bar.

Now then, let's get down to "business"....we have been to the Sher Institute nearly every day for ultrasounds.  The initial visit was a bit disappointing when we realized the follicles were not growing as fast as we needed them to.  After some increased medication dosages, we had better results.  My retrieval procedure is scheduled for tomorrow morning. I will be under anesthesia so if you don't hear from me, that's why.  Most of you have probably already heard by now I was interviewed by the Dallas CBS affiliate regarding the Fertility Rescue program.  I have also been contacted by a producer at CBS Morning News from NYC about doing a national piece so stay tuned. If you haven't seen the interview, here you go:



We were really hoping to come home tomorrow night but the flight times/costs/availability are not cooperating :(

All for now...thanks for reading...
Carls

1 comment:

  1. that was an amazing television spot. i didn't get to really follow while in FL with the fam. i am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete