Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's a Carousel My Friend...

Life goes in cycles......and mine is no exception.  Conflicts cycle, old friends cycle back into your life, and now chemo has taken on a weekly cycle.

Today marked my second battle with Taxol and Herceptin.  I asked the nurse to slow down the Benadryl pump hoping to avoid the restless arms/legs I experienced last week....it worked! I slept a lot and am thankful to be having a very decent night.  I have 10 more rounds of this "cocktail", and next week will be back to Tuesdays for those of you keeping track.

Also health related, we have been watching a small post-op seroma under my left arm for over a month now.  I am still experiencing some constant pain there but Dr. Pippas is pleased with the softening condition of it at this point, and does not insist on surgery so that is a great thing.

In other news, Stevie Nicks and company came to town! I feel so fortunate to have such supportive people in my life and her band is no exception.  We all had a good cry after the show.  Everyone means so much to me, I hope they know that.

My mom has begun transcribing again and that has proved to be a challenge for us both! I've been teaching her new technology and she has been doing her best to learn.  A lot has changed since she put her now extinct equipment into storage nearly 10 years ago! Still, it is great to see her productive in her own right, even if it means I have to get up and down............a lot! :)

As for projects and fundraisers......I've been so moved by a request I received to "tell my story via a female bust".  I love creating beauty and intrigue by eluding to my unique journey. Here's a peek....I have not decided if it is complete or not. These will be up for auction at the LaGrange Art Museum the evening before the Paint the Town Pink event that is so dear to my heart.

I am also looking forward to the Zumba event this Saturday! I think it is so cool how friends come out of the woodwork and utilize their strengths and resources for my benefit.  I only hope I can pay it forward and/or return the favor some day.  It means so much to me.

My sweet dog wants to cuddle so I must bid you "adieu" until next time.  How can I resist!? 



No comments:

Post a Comment