Monday, October 3, 2022

My Angel on Earth

Amelia Elise
DOB: 11/21/2018
6 lbs, 6 oz. 19.5 in.

10-minute-old Amelia

I can only begin this post by thanking God for his immeasurable blessing of Amelia's life. She is most certainly a miracle and made everything you've read here worth every second. I was made to be her mommy. I understood the risks, and I made an agreement with my oncologist that after I healed from her delivery, I would undergo a complete hysterectomy to once and for all be at the most limited risk possible for estrogen-positive cancer of all kinds. That surgery took place in July 2019.
Paint the Town Pink 2019

Since she will be 4 soon, this is a belated update. We have shared holidays, happy days, scary days, and emotional days. We have played so much, learned so much, and grown so much. She is one of the smartest, funniest, and sassiest people I've ever known. Her love for her mommy, daddy, and doggy is strong and her determined will is even stronger.

We are living in West Point, GA now and loving it. She has started preschool and will begin Pre-K next Fall. I am now working with The Carver Companies out of Atlanta and it has been a true pleasure so far.



Go Braves! 2021          Covid Christmas 2021            My little Valentine 2022

I will admit when I found out I was having a girl, I was immediately set on high alert for what all she could genetically endure. But I soon realized that you cannot focus on what if it happens to her. If it happens to her like it happened to me, we will be strong, positive, and PREPARED. This is what got me through it and she will have an expert in her corner. Of course, my daily prayer is that she lives a healthy, happy, and content life. 
Meme, Amelia and Carly pose for a calendar shoot.

 As for my Meme, she is breast cancer free but maintains the DIPNECH condition and receives monthly injections to keep that at bay. She is nearing 88 and still thriving, having recently moved into Assisted Living and is running that show honey lemme tell ya!

For those of you who have followed from the start, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I hope this blog has given you insight into what it is truly like to go through breast cancer at a young age, and all of the LIGHT, LIFE, and LOVE that follows all the darkness.

Until next time (and no it won't be 5 years),
Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment